Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Old Southern Spring

So, spring has sprung in the South, that's for sure!  It's a hot, muggy, 84 degrees and climbing. Just waiting on the rain to pound down.  I say every season, "oh, I'm so ready for summer, fall, winter, spring", really... I'm not, lol.  Don't get me wrong, I love planting flowers and seeing them grow.  I love the bright colors (I'm a vibrant color girl), the smells of fresh grass and just seeing God's hand at work. It seems like it's just more visable in the spring time or maybe that's just me.  I look forward to the strawberries and the summer veggies that taste like vegetables should.  Tomatoes, oh how I miss you...

I digress just dreaming of the sweet, juicy taste and wishing I had one right now.  But at last, I don't.  Instead my weekends are filled with soccer games and birthday parties which I love!  Makes me wonder why so many birthdays are in the spring, hmmmm....  :~)  So, my little guy is on a green team this season (the green gators), lol.  The team named themselves can you tell it's a bunch of 7/8 year olds?  Hubbs is the coach this year and just about can't stand the fact the team is the "Gators" when he went to Florida State and is a die hard SEMINOLE.  He told them that they had to be the "Green Gators" that they couldn't be just a Gator.  ha ha ha.  Men!   More to follow.  So far they have won 1 and lost 1.  We will see what Saturday brings.  The kids are already asking when the pizza party is. Nice to see where their priorities are.  LOL!  

No comments: